Connected Car Vulnerabilities Affecting the CAN Standard
Andrea Palanca, Eric Evenchick, Federico Maggi, and Stefano Zanero tested a vendor-neutral attack that could target connected cars and abuse CAN (Controller Area Network), the network protocol that connects all in-vehicle equipment and systems and allows them to communicate.
UN R155 References
- 4.3.2 Threats to vehicles regarding their communication channels
- 4.3.3 Threats to vehicles regarding their update procedures
- 4.3.5 Threats to vehicles regarding their external connectivity and connections
- 4.3.6 Threats to vehicle data/code
- 4.3.7 Potential vulnerabilities that could be exploited if not sufficiently protected or hardened